The most important things you need to know before start using BTC :
- What is Bitcoin - it's a digital currency with blockchain technology with integrated cryptography.
- What is a BTC wallet - your property on the blockchain. That's the place to store your coins. There are wallets for any device (computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone), paper wallet, and hardware wallet (probably the most secure one).
- What is a recovery phrase - your unique password to prove your ownership (never share this phrase with anyone).
- What is private key - it has the same functionality as the recovery phrase.
- What is public key - that's the key to generate your public address for transactions (to receive coins). Each time you're going to accept BTC, just create a new address (from the wallet you're using)
- Bitcoin price - there is a global index with the current price, and there are exchange rates to Buy and Sell (there are a little bit different).
- Transaction fee - each transaction has costs of about 0.005 BTC. On Lightning network, the price is much lower.
That's all you need to get started today.